|Spoiler warning: this article or section may contain major plot or ending details! Proceed with caution.|
Clay model of Everdred from EarthBound.
|Occupation||Burglin Park owner|
Everdred (Japanese: トンチキ Tonchiki) full name being Al Everdred is a character in EarthBound, who is the boss of Burglin Park. He appears as a middle-age mustached man wearing a, small black hat, black sunglasses, green spotted shorts, and an orange Hawaiian shirt. His Japanese name, Tonchiki, means "dimwit" or "numbskull".
Everdred is first seen sitting on a house near the rummage sales in Twoson, and if Ness steps near the house, he'll jump off of the rooftop and fight him, though this is optional and is only required if the player does not know Paula's whereabouts. After defeating him, Everdred will reveal Paula's location to Ness.
After rescuing Paula, he forces Ness to take a large sum of money for saving her, saying that he "can't keep this money anyway", implying that he probably got it through illegal means. He then claims that he is going to seek the Mani-Mani Statue that Lier X. Agerate unearthed in Onett.
Much later in the game, Everdred reappears in Fourside on the ground next to Jackie's Cafe, severely injured. He claims that after stealing the Mani-Mani Statue from Mr. Carpainter, Geldegarde Monotoli stole it from him. He then explains to Ness that the Mani-Mani Statue gives Monotoli his evil power, and asks Ness to check behind the counter at Jackie's Cafe. Everdred then, unexpectedly, gets up and walks away, shouting at Ness not to follow him. He does not not appear in the game after this, with the exception of a cameo in Magicant.
As an enemy
Appearance in EarthBound
|Burglin Park in Twoson|
|Bash||Deals low-level damage to one party member|
|Have a big grin on his face||Does nothing|
|Knit its[sic] brow||Does nothing|
|Steal an item in the confusion of the battle||One item from a party member gets stolen|
|Try to steal something, but fail||Does nothing|
|Use a biting attack||Deals low-level damage to one party member|
- A minor reference to Everdred appears in Mother 3. The Aloha Coat item bears a striking resemblance to the Hawaiian shirt that Everdred wears. The stats of the item however do not give a further nod towards Everdred.
- Everdred refers to the Mani-Mani Statue by name when seen in Twoson, even knowing its location, but when spoken to in Fourside, he implies that he did not know what it was when he stole it.
- Everdred has a unused death ghost animation, this implies he that might have been intended as a party member at some moment in the game.
- Alternatively, Everdred may have been intended to die in Fourside instead of walk away.
- If Ness were to go near Everdred's house with Paula, Everdred would automatically give Ness the wad of bills, then go into his house.
- In the Fourside stage in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, the building on the right has a clothesline with an orange Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses hanging on it, which resemble the shirt and sunglasses worn by Everdred.