Clay model from EarthBound.
|Appears in|| EarthBound|
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Assist Trophy)
|Relatives||Dr. Andonuts (father)|
|Occupation||Student at Snow Wood Boarding House|
|Traveling partners|| Ness|
|Signature weapon|| Guns|
|Non-PSI ability|| Repairing items|
Using special machinery
Jeff (full name presumably being Jeff Andonuts) is a boy from the town of Winters, and is one of the main playable characters in EarthBound. Although he does not have the ability to use PSI like his fellow teammates, he is very intelligent. He uses his knowledge to repair broken items, and use them in combat. His father is Dr. Andonuts, well-known for being a brilliant scientist. Jeff also has the ability to spy on enemies.
- 1 In EarthBound
- 2 In the Super Smash Bros. series
- 3 Game appearances
- 4 Default names
- 5 Names in other languages
- 6 References
|Spoiler warning: this article or section may contain major plot or ending details! Proceed with caution.|
Jeff has lived at the Snow Wood Boarding House ever since he was an infant. He is close friends with Maxwell and Tony, who also live there. One night, he recieved a telepathic message from Paula, telling him that he is the only one who can save them. Tony momentarily comes with him around the boarding house to help him break out, and Maxwell supplies him with the bad key machine. After jumping over the boarding house's gate, Jeff picks up the Bubble Monkey from the local drugstore, and begins to head south. When they reach Lake Tess, they encounter Tessie, and ride on her to southern Winters. They then go through Brick Road's maze, and pass through Rainy Circle as well. While Bubble Monkey leaves Jeff for a girl monkey, Jeff finds his father's laboratory, and briefly reunites with him. He takes the Sky Runner to Threed, crashes into Ness and Paula's dungeon, and uses the bad key machine to help them break out. Jeff then accompanies them for the rest of the game.
Later, in Fourside, Jeff helps Ness in rescuing Paula from Mr. Monotoli. He also repairs the Sky Runner that crashed in Threed so they can fly to Summers, along with the yellow submarine in Dungeon Man in order to get to Deep Darkness.
At the end of the game, Jeff leaves his friends to stay with Dr. Andonuts, and also recieves a letter from Tony.
Jeff has the ability to Spy (Japanese:チェック Check) on enemies, which lists their offense and defense, along with one of their PSI weaknesses. If there would be an item dropped at the end of battle, Jeff will take it (if there are free inventory slots).
- The first time in the game Jeff attempts to repair an item will have a 100% chance of succeeding.
- If the previous attempt had a 100% chance of succeeding, the next attempt will have a 25% chance of succeeding.
- If Jeff succeeds in repairing an item that he had a 25% chance of succeeding on, the next fix will have a 100% chance of succeeding.
- If Jeff does not succeed in repairing an item that he had a 25% chance of succeeding on, the next fix will have a 25% chance of succeeding.
In the Super Smash Bros. series
Jeff appears as a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and went on to appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. 4 as an Assist Trophy. He will shoot bottle rockets, which will attack enemies.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Another of Ness's close friends in EarthBound, Jeff is the only son of the famous scientist, Dr. Andonuts. Jeff is a mechanical genius, able to turn common, broken tools into complex weapons like the Hungry HP-sucker and the Slime Generator. He's a bit on the shy side but incredibly intelligent and brave in the heat of battle.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Dr. Andonuts's son, who attends a boarding school in Winters. He receives a telepathic message from Paula saying that she and Ness have been captured, and he sets out to rescue them. He's Ness's age but has the knowledge of an established scientist. He repairs broken items and makes them into other things. As his IQ increases, so does the number of things he can create.
Super Smash Bros. 4
- One of the main party members in EarthBound, he attends Snow Wood Boarding School in Winters. Jeff takes after his inventor father, Dr. Andonuts, creating devices in his free time. One of these is the bottle rocket, which fires one large missile and four smaller ones. And sometimes one extra!
Names in other languages
- "Winter is home to the son of a famous scientist. He is the same age as Ness, so they have a lot to talk about." -EarthBound Player's Guide
- Starmen.Net EarthBound Walkthrough - Item Fixing Guide
Super Smash Bros. • Super Smash Bros. Melee • Super Smash Bros. Brawl • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Onett • Fourside • New Pork City • Magicant
Mr. Saturn • Franklin Badge
Jeff • Starman
Trophies • Stickers