|Spoiler warning: this article or section may contain major plot or ending details! Proceed with caution.|
Cast Roll is a feature in all three Mother games. It is presented to the player at the end of the game, and shows the overworld sprites for almost all the characters found in the game. The protagonist and the party members are mostly seen near the end, and major characters are seen beforehand.
No names are given to any of the characters, but some, such as Ninten's family, should be recognizable. Ninten, Ana, Lloyd, and Teddy are shown at the same time, and stay on screen longer than all the others. This game's cast roll is viewable only in the Earth Bound prototype and Mother 1+2. This not being in the original game, along with the cutscene before that, confused most people at the time, because Teddy was gravely injured in the end, so after Giegue is defeated, his fate was not known.
It mentions the names of all the characters. In the end, the photograph guy will 'take a picture' of the player. The credits that follow, which consist of all the pictures taken over the journey, won't show this picture, since the game, nor any TV it is played on, could actually accomplish this.
- Picky Minch
- Lardna Minch and Aloysius Minch
- Pokey Minch, runs off-screen
- Buzz Buzz
- Lier X. Agerate, with the Mani-Mani Statue
- Frank Fly
- The Sharks, walking back and forth
- B.H. Pirkle
- Captain Strong
- Onett police force, three officers looking around
- Paula's parents
- Paula, with a Teddy bear
- Orange kid
- Apple kid, with his mouse who runs down from next to Orange Kid
- Mr. Everdred
- Runaway Five, with Lucky and Gorgeous emerging from their van as it drives by
- Happy Happyists
- Carpainter, with Pokey (who runs off-screen) and the Mani-Mani Statue
- Bubble Monkey
- Tony and Maxwell
- Tessie, with Bubble Monkey landing on her head
- Tessie-Watching Club, who turn to face Tessie
- Dr. Andonuts, with the Sky Runner (which breaks down)
- Jeff, who looks at the Sky Runner as it breaks and then turns back towards the front
- , with the Phase Distorter
- Master Belch, chasing a Mr. Saturn
- George Montague, with his backhoe
- Gerardo Montague
- Talah Rama, surrounded by monkeys (one of whom seems to be Monkonna)
- Geldegarde Monotoli, with Pokey (who runs off-screen) and the Mani-Mani Statue
- Venus, with a member of the Runaway Five who is dragged off by Gorgeous
- Poo, who stands up from meditating
- Star Master (who warps in by tornado) and Poo's Master
- Dungeon Man and a Noble warrior
- Tenda tribesmen, with the elder at the center and a Mr. Saturn on the far left (who leaves and another Tenda takes his place)
- Flying Men, who reappear from their graves
- Various minor NPCs
- Dad, who appears as a telephone, and King
- Tracy, Ness, and Mom; Ness then walks forward and flashes a peace sign
- Photo-Man prepares his camera seemingly pointing out of the TV at the player
In Mother 3
The majority of the characters appear, and most of the important characters will perform special actions based on their role in the game. Their actions are as follows:
- Lighter & Fuel: Lighter whacks a Firefly flying around him.
- Bud & Lou: do their usual comedian act.
- Alec: gets pointed at by an Arrow Lizard.
- Butch: walks by with a cow, his pig, and the money Fassad stole from him.
- Scamp: appears as a tombstone, then as his actual overworld sprite.
- Nippolyte: digs the ground while zombies appear behind him.
- Wess: does the dance performed in front of the secret door at Osohe Castle.
- Duster: watches Wess dance, then runs off (appears later with the DCMC).
- Friendly Ghosts: turn into Stinky Ghosts.
- Item Guy: walks by with his cart.
- DCMC: plays music, then Duster, as Lucky, joins.
- Kumatora: appears as her Violet disguise, then appears as herself and runs off.
- Bucket Bros.: scoop water.
- Claymen: one is broken, so another drags it off.
- Ultimate Chimera: notices something and walks off the screen.
- Mr. Saturn: four appears, one of whom is "fishing for birdies", and then the Mr. Saturn who gave Lucas the Franklin Badge appears. Five of them later appears piled up alongside Leder.
- Leder: rings his bell.
- Dragos: roar.
- Magypsies: do things associated with how they appeared in-game.
- Save Frogs: all the different types of frogs that has been present throughout the game appear.
- Fassad: eats a banana, while his interpreter spins past him.
- Pigmasks: do hand gestures, while assembling in their respective ranks.
- Chauffeur & Mini-Porky: Chauffer changes hat and holds his microphone, while Mini-Porky flashes blue.
- Oxygen Supply: make faces, as if giving oxygen.
- Porky: appears as a Mecha-Porky, then as the real Porky in the spider mecha.
- Masked Man: Takes off mask, then continues onto his own name as Claus.
- Flint & Hinawa: talk to Claus.
- Boney: runs towards Claus and shows affection.
- Lucas & Claus: run off, which then continues on to credits.