I've got reasons to believe that EVE more accurately only should be called Eve (even though the content actually is written in lower-case letters), because of following reasons:
1. When Eve refers to herself (not to sound finicky, but is Eve's gender even confirmed? :B) as EVE her entire way of speaking only consists of upper-case letters, which is what leads to it being spelled as EVE.
2. The main argument I've got, which should be enough. Eve gets mentioned once by a character who prefers to blend upper- and lower-case letters in a more grammatically correct manner; and, he refers to it as Eve.
Got pics to prove it as well: Picness (must add that the website is creepily covered in commercials based on sound-related approaches). ~ Sun Braid 11:58, 20 December 2010 (MST)
- I'd imagine the reason why the page is at EVE is that's what she's called in-battle (ex: here), and EB0 can be kind of weird with keeping spellings consistent, so I'm not sure if one mention in dialog by a random guy in Magicant would overrule in-battle spelling.
- It's been a while since I've played through EB0, and I can't quite remember when she was referred to as female. I'll take a look through text dumps and see if I find anything. →Tinā ♫δ 12:54, 20 December 2010 (MST)
- ...So I guess it's just the feminine name that makes everyone call EVE "she"! I can't find anything in text dumps that refers to EVE as a girl, other than the name. Unless someone finds evidence of her being called a girl, feel free to change the pronouns around to something more neutral. →Tinā ♫δ 13:00, 20 December 2010 (MST)
- Oh, well; didn't really pay attention to the in-game battle name when I played through the game. But, can I change it to act as an alternate name? :3 It/She does after all get referred to as Eve once (though the page description here already mentions it in lower-case style; but the point is to have the two versions clarified). ~ Sun Braid 13:29, 20 December 2010 (MST)
http://walkthrough.starmen.net/earthbound0/image/screens/33/33-9.png ...seems like it should be Eve to me. Miles of SmashWiki 10:09, 29 December 2010 (MST)
"She" or "It"
Should Eve be referred to using the feminine pronoun, or a gender-neutral one? I would argue for feminine based on the name Eve, but I don't know if I may be overlooking a precedent set by the EB0 ROM. Miles (talk) 20:41, 9 January 2011 (MST)
- See my post above: "...So I guess it's just the feminine name that makes everyone call EVE "she"! I can't find anything in text dumps that refers to EVE as a girl, other than the name. Unless someone finds evidence of her being called a girl, feel free to change the pronouns around to something more neutral."
- So many complications and questions for one robot. →Tinā ♫δ 21:55, 9 January 2011 (MST)